Monday, June 20, 2011

Home Sweet Home {Part One- Kitchen}

Welcome to part one of eight of our home tour.
Why am I doing a tour of our home? Well, for a few reasons.

First, I am proud of our home. It is the first house that Rob and I bought, and unless our life takes some kind of unexpected turn, I think we will spend many years in this house, raising our family and creating memories. This house was a hot damn mess when we bought it. Run down, dirty, infested with mice, just to name a few turn offs. It had gone unloved and uncared for, probably for twenty years and we had to work our butts off to get it to a place where we felt comfortable.. and three years later, we are just getting there. We haven't spent mass-amounts of money updating and renovating, nor have we thrown our money at contracters to have them breathe life into the house, but instead we have taken our time and used our own skills and resources to make this house our own. We have learned alot along the way, and most things we did together.
Our home is not the newest (in fact it is over 130 years old..) it doesn't have the latest or the best countertops or floors and it is as crooked as can be, but it is ours.
Secondly, I like peeking into other people's lives.. so here's a little peek into mine.

Part One- Kitchen
The kitchen is the gathering place in our home. Not only is it the first thing you see when you walk in beyond the mud room, it is the largest room in the house (with the most seating). When we were shopping for houses, we had a very small wishlist. One of my hopes for my new kitchen would be at least one window that faced the backyard, so that I could watch the kids play while I did my houeswifely duties (har har). Obviously, this wouldn't make or break the deal for me, but it sure would have been nice. Well, when I walked into this house for the first time, a wall of windows with a walkout patio door right into the backyard stared right back at me. Perfect.This room is always busy. directly off of it are two main entrances, a bathroom and a playroom, and it's also the only way to the rest of the house from the entrance. (Unless you used the front door but who does that?)











0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.