Tuesday, August 16, 2011

And then there were 5 {Keep your chin up}

Rob's parents left almost a week ago to go back to Alberta.. I cannot even articulate how much I miss them.
I don't know if it's the fact that it's been nearly two years since we saw them last.. or maybe it's the way the kids are so in love with them.. maybe it's because I am so happy to have them near, or maybe it's because we are so lonely.

I don't know why it felt empty when they left, but Rob and I have been keeping ourselves so busy.. trying not to think too much about the cloud hanging over our heads.
Making sudden decisions to paint the kitchen and doing it in one day.. rearranging the living room to suppress that growing feeling of wanting to pack up everything and follow them to the end of the world, Rob up the the roof, finally re-shingling the mudroom..

Am I sounding just a little dramatic yet?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.. all we have is each other.. just the 5 of us from day to day. We rely on each other for everything and our little family unit is strong and soldiers on, and we do it ourselves and we do it together. We have love and we have happiness, but there is loneliness there too... a yearning to have family close by, to have a mother who stops for coffees and accompanies my daughter and I for a pedicure and some girl-time.. to have a father to help with my husband with his little projects around the house and to pick on the kids and to barbeque for us on the weekends.

Little things.. little things you take for granted.

I don't regret our move back to Ontario.. we gave another province a try and it just wasn't for us and it's nobody's fault.I just wish life was easy.

I just miss the little things.. so, so much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.