Wednesday, November 16, 2011

On this day.. one year ago.

This photo was taken on November 16th, 2010. 6 days after baby T was born.
I remember this day, even though much of it was spent just like the image depicts.. sleeping, with my new baby in my arms. I remember that Rob had taken the older kids out while Trenton and I slept off the exhaustion of the past week.. we spent the whole day on the couch together, nursing, talking, cuddling, sleeping.
Rob came in with the kids at the end of the day and took this photo of us.

I remember that this way the day that the fogginess started to clear, this was the day the reality of life settled in. This was the day my emotions hit me like a rock to my stomach.
I remember how I felt.. I felt like the luckiest person to ever walk the planet, I was completely blissed... I was staring in awe at the family we had created, the family that was finally complete.. and that's exactly how I felt.. complete. Like if I died at that very moment, there would be no regret.

As long as I live, I will remember that feeling. Through the hardships, through the financial difficulties and arguments and angsty teenagers, I will remember that feeling. I will remember my purpose on this planet and remember how lucky and loved I am. I will remember that I have felt love deeper than I could have ever imagined. I will remember that I felt complete.

What else in the world could I ever need?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.