Monday, January 31, 2011

40 Weeks/12

**Originally posted @LJ on 4/28/10**

We're here! Week 12. .

Since suffering through the miscarriage the last time I was pregnant, being pregnant took on a whole new set of emotions for me. (As if it wasn't an emotional time already!). With my last two pregnancies, the thought of losing the pregnancy never crossed my mind. Not even for an instant. Sure, I had known of it happening to others, but until you experience it for yourself, it doesn't seem like it could ever happen to you.
With this one, it has been there, nagging at the back of my brain. With every little cramp or pain..
So, this week, supposedly the risk drops down significantly. And yes, the risk is always there.. but there is also the risk that something could happen to your children for the rest of thir lives, not just in utero. If I started thinking about that, I think I'd go crazy.
For today, I'm just going to relax and breathe. I'm going to breathe and think to myself, "we made it".

:) Last night, I approached Rob. I said, "Rob, we've reached 12 weeks.. do you know what that means?".
He looked at me, cocked his head, and replied...

"You're pregnant?"


Ha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.