Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Finished. {The one where the Canadian girl complains about the snow}


 I am so done with winter.

Today is one of those days where I gaze out the window and make terrible noises at the snow and dream about spring. Where I look longingly at my (dead) garden (buried under two feet of snow), and imagine the beautiful flowers that are sleeping underneath.. how I remember the happiness I feel when I see the new little buds start pushing their way out of the bare soil when the ground starts to warm up.
This is one of those weeks where I want to barracade myself in the house with lots of hot beverages and warm blankets and just do nothing productive.

I cannot wait until the huge maple in our front yard starts sprouting leaves again, and I don't have to turn on every light in the house when i wake up in the morning. I can't wait to walk barefoot in the backyard and swim in the pool and pull weeds from in between my tomatoes and green beans. I can't wait to hear laughter and smell propane and enjoy friends and family under the sun. I'm so eager to sit on the front porch in the evenings, after the kids are in bed, with my husband and a cup of tea and just watch the world go by. I crave the sound of crickets at night. I want to drive my car with the windows down and feel the warm wind in my hair.

Sure, the snow is beautiful.. and yes, it's lots of fun (just yesterday, H commented that it was "like tons of play-doh outside that we can jump in and build things from!") but I am ready for it to go!!

Thank you, Ontario-Winter, you have made me love the warm, bright days even that much more. :)





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.