Sunday, September 18, 2011

Recipe Time! {Italian Wedding Soup}

There are lots and lots of versions of Italian Wedding Soup, all of which my husband and I are quite fond of. This is my version.

Here's what you'll need:

1Lb of Ground Turkey
1/4 C of Breadcrumbs
1 Egg
5C of Stock (I used chicken, vegetable would be just as good, wouldn't recommend beef)
1 Tbs Olive Oil
1 Small Onion, Chopped.
1.5 C of Acini Di Pepe Pasta (You could also use Orzo, or any small pasta)
Lots and Lots of Spinach

Saute onions in the olive oil in a large soup pot (Did I mention this is a one-pot recipe? Even better!) on low heat. Meanwhile, combine turkey, breadcrumbs and egg. Form into small balls, add to onion and cook until evenly browned.
Add the stock and pasta, cook over medium heat for 7-10 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
Add spinach. If you're using fresh, you'll need alot.. I fill the pot to the very top, and then replace the lid and simmer for another 5-7 minutes, or until the spinach has wilted, and there is just the right amount, so I'd say to go by your tastes.

Add pepper to taste, enjoy!








 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.