Tuesday, March 8, 2011

To my oldest child on her birthday.

My dearest Haileybear;

Something happened yesterday.
Yesterday you magically turned from a 7 year old into an 8 year old. Know what that means? That means that I have been a mother for 8 whole years.

From the time you wok up until the time you went to bed, you were in a fabulous mood. Something about birthdays does that to us, doesn't it? Even as we get older, and we complain to everyone around us that we are getting older, something about our birthday makes us feel special, if only for a day.

I'm not going to lie and tell you that I'm completely happy about your birthdays though. It makes me really emotional to see you grow so quickly. You are my first child and my only daughter. Something about that makes you special and gives us an incredible bond that we will always share, no matter what.
But I can tell you this,

Watching you grow has been one of the greatest pleasures in my life.
You are unbelievably beautiful. (Did I really make you?!) You are sensitive and kind. You are so, so, so smart. You are diplomatic. You are a good friend. You are a good person.

Yesterday, you wanted sticky chicken in the slow cooker and rice for dinner. We had cupcakes made with love and cream cheese frosting. You opened your presents from us (clothes, shoes) and from your brothers (sunglasses, earrings) and were so happy and grateful, and then Daddy came downstairs with your new bike and you were the most excited I have seen you in a long time and it made my heart smile.

I love you babygirl. Here's to the next 8, beautiful years.

Love, Mommy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.